Dr. Remington grew up in Salt Lake City, Utah. He graduated from the University of Utah where he was a teaching assistant in biochemistry and human anatomy. He received a B.S. degree in Medical Biology.
He became a member of the Army 19th Special Forces (Airborne) group as a teenager and eventually retired from the Army National Guard in the same unit as Lieutenant Colonel. He transferred from the Army to the Navy Dental Corps for a period of ten years starting with dental school. He graduated from Dental School at the University of Nebraska. After dental graduation he completed a General Practice Residency with the Navy Dental Corps and then served two years as the dental officer aboard the Aircraft Carrier USS Coral Sea (CV-43). He finished his Navy career as a dental officer at the Bremerton, WA Navy Ship Yard. He achieved the rank of Lieutenant Commander.
For a period of 18 years he participated in annual International military humanitarian missions to third world communities in countries such as Thailand, Korea, Guam, Saipan, Vanuatu, Panama, and Cambodia.
After leaving the Navy, he attended the prestigious University of Washington Orthodontic Program where he received a specialty certificate in orthodontics. His original research was published in the AJODO Ortho Journal and he was also awarded a Master of Science degree (M.S.D.) at the University of Washington.
Dr. Remington maintained an orthodontic practice for many years in Sandy, Utah prior to moving his practice to Tooele, Utah. Dr. Remington and his wife Shirlene, have eight children and fourteen grandchildren. His favorite retreats are spending time with family, traveling, gardening, skiing, tennis, horses, dogs and he loves dentistry. Dr. Remington was a scout master for twenty years and is an Eagle Scout.
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontics
- Utah Dental Association
- Utah Orthodontic Association
- Academy of Laser Dentistry
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Academy of Microscope Dentistry
- Academy of Biometric Dentistry
- Cum Laude University of Utah
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon – Honorary Premed Fraternity
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon – Honorary Dental Society
- Pierre Fuchard Academy – Honorary Dental Society
- DDS with Distinction – University of Nebraska
- Navy Dental Scholarship Recipient
- US Army Meritorious Service Medal
- US Army Airborne Jump Master Medal
- US Army National Defense Medal
- US Navy Sea Service Medal
- Honor graduate US Army NCO Academy, Ft. Lewis, WA
- Commandants List US Army Artillery and Missile OCS Ft. Sill, OK
- First Place Graduate Orthodontic Wire Banding Contest, University of WA
- Most Outstanding Student Endondontist Award, University of Nebraska
- Eagle Scout
- Lasers in Dentistry and Medicine
- Dental Sleep Medicine
- Quality Orthodontics
- Microscope Dentistry
- Digital Dental Radiography
- Dental Photography
- Sedation Dentistry
- Conservative Cosmetic Dentistry
- Oral Surgery
- Dental Implants
- Biomimetic Dentistry
- Periodontal Plastic Surgery Dentistry
- Pellevé Radio Surgery